Cengage Learning Web Marketing Project Manager in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Under general direction from the Digital Marketing Manager and Director, Digital Marketing, the Web Projects Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of multiple web marketing projects and initiatives across the Gale marketing group and working in a consultative manner to provide web marketing solutions to help drive strategic goals, ensure consistent brand representation, improve customer relationships, and meet team and corporate objectives.
The Web Marketing Project Manager is responsible for managing a wide range of web projects, processes, and initiatives in support of web marketing. Over the next 9-12 months, this position is primarily focused on assisting with the launch of a new Gale.com website as well as developing the processes, training and support necessary for the successful implementation of new web technologies within the Gale Marketing organization.
Ongoing, the Web Project Manager works as part of a team to drive the Gale marketing web requirements and development as well as related key initiatives. This position requires that the Web Marketing Project Manager independently manage ongoing web projects and is required to take on new web marketing initiatives as needed. The position calls for both project management and hands on involvement in the setup, administration and customization of the CMS (Hippo) and content publishing for Gale.com and other corporate web properties.
• Independently manage and serve as main contact for Gale’s web marketing projects and initiatives to meet team and corporate goals.
• Drive projects to completion through effective use of project management skills such as: communicating status and schedule, calling and facilitating meetings, assigning roles, interfacing with internal or external (vendor) to meet needs of project, own process and provide single point of contact with project owner.
• Procure/manage development resources for the creation of web projects/templates as needed
• Interface with internal stakeholders in many areas of the company to implement web projects ̶̶ including marketers, designers and other key internal partners.
• Assure consistency and standardization among project interfaces as needed to reinforce branding and meet marketing objectives.
• Serve as departmental subject matter expert for Gale’s web style guide.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Gale web technologies, processes and dependencies on other internal applications and groups.
• Help ensure web content remains up-to-date.
• Stay current on new web marketing technologies and make recommendations for new initiatives for the team. Conducts pilot projects tests as needed.
• Create and maintain requirements documents, write new use cases and oversee maintenance requests as needed for continuous improvement of web projects based on specialty.
• Acts a subject matter expert on all processes and system interfaces in area of specialty.
• Ability to communicate to internal marketing stakeholder’s web project functionality and potential promotional opportunities and carry out any marketing requests.
• Partner with Digital Marketing Manager on continuous enhancements in regards to usability, accessibility and best practices as well as process improvement for overall team effectiveness and resource efficiency.
• Organize, schedule and lead process improvement meetings and team initiative meetings. Participating in staff meetings, adhere to team workflow practices (e.g., organizing files and archiving work) and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Own and maintain processes and process documentation related to web marketing. Communicate out to internal stakeholders and hold training as necessary.
• Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
• Education: Four-year degree
• Experience: Minimum 5 years professional experience in one or more areas of Web Development, Marketing Automation Systems, Marketing Communications, Project Management, Information Technology Management, Technical Communications, Information Management/Science.
• Experience working with internal creative teams or outside agencies/vendors
• Experience with or desire to acquire working knowledge of HTML5, Adobe Dreamweaver®, Adobe Photoshop®, Microsoft Office, Omniture and Google Analytics as needed
• Comfort level with systems, databases, managing projects with technical components
• Proven track record of Project Management including ability to: effectively drive multiple simultaneous projects through to completion: Communicate status and schedule, call meetings, assign roles, interface with vendors, own process and provide single point of contact with project owner.
• Experience creating and implementing detailed project plans
• Detail-oriented and takes responsibility for appropriate level of detail and accuracy for tasks and projects.
• Solid communication and presentation skills, to effectively work with stakeholders across multiple departments.
• Solution-oriented, ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
• Possesses drive and motivation for achievement with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
Requisition ID 2017-3325
Job Locations US-MI-Farmington Hills
Posted Date 6/14/2017
Job Function Marketing